Monday, January 31, 2011

Reality #22: Sometimes, The Storm Rages


 There are often times in my life when I feel like a storm is raging. The winds seem to be blowing so fast that I cannot hold my head straight. The sky seems to be so overtaken by clouds that I find light in nothing.

Lately, I seem to have storms in a variety of areas in my life....and it can be overwhelming sometimes. There are nights when I lay in bed emotionally exhausted. There are days when all I want to do is crawl back into bed.

I've always been told that the journey of life is not easy. Whoever first said that phrase was 100% correct.

In our lives, we have storms. We break down, wondering when our storm - our problem - will be solved. Many times the storm is calmed, the problem solved, the mistake forgotten about. Other times, however, the storm is rages for a very long time.

But the astonishing reality is that sometimes the storm never ceases. It may lose its strength, but sometimes it never goes away.

It is at this point when something else astonishing happens: we are the ones that are calmed. This doesn't mean that we accept the problem or overlook it or just learn to live or deal with it. Rather, it means that we become stronger than the storm. We learn, we adjust and through it all we keep our heads held high and we strive to make each day the best it can be. It won't always be easy, but it is possible to still have a sunny day through all the rain.

And if all else fails just say to your storm: "Be my guest. Rain on my parade. But I have the biggest freakin' umbrella you have ever seen."

~Mj~

No comments:

Post a Comment