Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reality # 23- Lying in the Bed

I remember when I was kid, I would lay in my bed and stare at the stars. I had a roof over my head but I had little star stickers that I could stick to my ceiling. The stars would glow in the dark. So every night I would just lay in my bed and stare at the stars.

A couple of days ago, I was lying with this girl in her bed. The lights were off and I looked up at the ceiling and saw that she had some stickers that glowed in the dark.

Just looking at the stickers on the ceiling made me feel like I was a kid again, just laying in my bed staring at the stars. It made me really think about how much I have grown up. How much things have changed since I was a kid. 

On one hand I was sad. I realized that growing up sucks. Being an adult means I have responsibility, I have bills to pay, I have to work, I have to take care of myself and there is no mom to come to the rescue anymore.I miss that. I miss not having a care in the world. I miss not having to worry about cooking dinner because I know my grandma is cooking it. I miss not having responsibility. When your a kid, the world is a giant playground. Everyday is playtime all day.Who doesn't want that? That sounds like the life.

Then on the other hand, I was happy to be where I am today. I have had great memories. I have made wonderful friends. I'm laying next to an attractive woman. I have the freedom to go out in the middle of the night and just walk around Wal Mart. I have the opportunity to turn my dreams to reality. I have the opportunity to fall in love.

What I'm trying to say is don't rush getting older because the older you get, the more you wish you were younger. It's the vicious circle called life.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment