Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reality #18- Memory Lane

Wednesday classes started for the last time in my college career. In most of my classes there are a lot of freshmen because I’m taking freshman level classes. The reason is because it’s my last semester and I want to take easy classes.

With all the freshmen in my classes, I started to think about when I was a freshman. I took the ride down memory lane and it brought back a lot of memories. Now that I think about, freshmen year was the best year of college for me.

I remember the excitement of starting over. This is my second chance to show people who I really am. Everything I did in high school doesn’t matter anymore. I am going to define me from here on out.

I remember meeting my roommate. Little did I know that he would become one of my two best friends! A friendship that will keep for the rest of my life!

I remember being foolish and making many mistakes. Thought I was an adult and ready to take on the world. The truth was, I was an 18 year old kid who knew nothing about being an adult.

I remember thinking hanging out with friends was more important than an education. I thought classes were just a joke. The only thing I wanted to do was party with my friends and hang out with some females.

I remember being scared to fall in love again. I thought if I never got close to someone, I would never be hurt. I soon found out that never taking a chance means I would never be happy.

I remember trying to act so cool. If I acted like I was the shit, then everybody would think I was the shit. I did not realize that acting like that turned me into a big jerk.

I remember freshman year ending and I was a different person than the person that started the school year. I was nowhere near being a mature adult but I was on my way.

Back to present day. Now I can say that I’m a mature adult that still needs to grow up. I hope I never stop growing up because the day I stop learning, will be the day that I’m dead.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment