Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reality # 21- Seconds

Ever been in a room when everything got real quiet? Where the only thing you could hear was the seconds ticking away from the clock on the wall.

I used to think if I listen to second hand tick and tick, that I would go crazy. Then I started to think what if the clock just stops ticking? What if I could walk to the clock and turn back the minute hand? Would my life flash before my eyes?

What if my life did flash before my eyes? Would I like what I saw?

As I turned back the minute hand I started to see my past. I realized that there are times I would stop the minute hand so I could stay in that moment forever. Then there are times I would turn my head so I didn’t have to watch.

Overall my life has not been that bad. There has been good and bad times, but overall my life has been average. There is nothing wrong with average but average is not for me.

So I brought the minute hand back to present day. I started to walk away from the clock. As I was walking away I heard the second hand ticking my life away.

With every second that ticks away, is a second that I can’t get back. I want to use every second that I am given to make my life something more than average.

One day the clock will stop ticking and there’s no turning back the minute hand.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment