Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reality #11: I Will Accomplish These Things

When the New Year began, I realized that I had made no resolutions. Not to say that there isn't something I would like to change about myself or in my life, but to be honest I cannot remember a single resolution that I was able to keep.

So, this year, instead of making resolutions, I have made a list of things I hope to do this year. Here it goes:

1.  See the ocean. - At 23+ years old, I have yet to see the ocean. I don't want to go somewhere crowded or go to party. I just want to be able to feel the ocean water, write my name in the sand, and for once watch the sun rise and set against the ocean.

2.  Learn to drive a stick. - For some off reason or another, I want to learn to drive a straight shift. I just got to find someone who is willing, brave enough, to let me try it in their vehicle. Let's just hope they still have a clutch when I am finished.

3.  Go to a UofL's Men's Basketball game. - I'm sure that most of you that may read this are probably UK fans, which is perfectly fine by me. I've just always loved college basketball, basketball period really. And I've always wanted to go to a Louisville Men's game, so maybe that will happen this year.

4.  Learn about football. - I didn't grow up in a family that watched football. Therefore, I know almost nothing on the sport. I mean, I know the basics of offense, defense, the quarterback, touchdowns, but as far as the calls, I know nothing. So, my goal for 2011 is to learn about football so that maybe I can actually understand it for once, and also pick up another sport to keep up with.

5.  Compete in a bow tournament. - I have always been somewhat of an outdoorsy person, whether it be going outside to just relax or get in a run. But this year, I want to do something new: I want to compete in bow tourney. I have no rhyme or reason behind it except that I shot a bow once at a camp I worked at a few years ago and I enjoyed it.

6.  Write a book. - For a couple of years now I have wanted to write a book. I have a lot of ideas going. Now I just got to get the time and motivation. Any suggestions?

Now that you know what I want to accomplish this year, the question is:  What will you do in 2011?

~Mj~

No comments:

Post a Comment