Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reality #7: The Sun's Gonna Shine In Your Back Door One Day

This morning was a pile of crap. Literally.

When I got into my SUV I happened to look down at my feet only to see dog crap all over my floor mat...and all over my shoes and even on my jeans. And the thing is, it wasn't even from my dog. Just great. What a way to start a morning!

I was so mad on my way to work, which I was late to by the way because of the mess that had to be clean.

Anyways, the moral to my lame story is that sometimes life is just that: a big pile of crap.

I've been at points in my life when I've felt like I had hit rock bottom. I would think to myself, "Things couldn't possibly get any worse." And then guess what? They do.

Looking back at this past year, at times my life has seemed more like a game than an actual journey. It's been full of twist and turns, sorry's, and even some climbing up ladders only to be pushed down a few chutes.

Sometimes I feel like I have had more losses than wins. But then again, is that really true? Or have I just been allowing the bad moments to outshine the good ones?

Betrayed. Stressed. Overwhelmed. Ashamed. Disrespected. Inferior. Manipulated. Powerless. Misled. Frightened. Unimportant. Misunderstood. Confused. Insulted. Insecure. These are all the negative feelings that I have let consume my life this year.

But, as I think back, perhaps the positives feelings have at least balanced out the bad, maybe even outweighed them at certain points. Loved. Encouraged. Respected. Appreciated. Reassured. Confident. Dignified. Happy. Accomplished.

Sometimes...no, a lot of times, I let the bad things in my life completely rip me apart. But this year, hopefully I will begin to have even more blessings and more positiveness in my life. And when the bad days come, as they inevitably will do, I'll just take the advice of Andy Griffith:

"Things look bad right now, but the sun's gonna shine in your back door one day."

Thanks, Andy. I appreciate it.

~Mj~

No comments:

Post a Comment