Friday, December 24, 2010

Reality #4- Life

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching” by Unknown.


That quote has been running through my head for the past couple of days. I don’t know about you guys, but if I look back in my life there is things I don’t want to watch. There are things I don’t want to remember. There are things I wish I could have a redo. Then there are things I want to watch. There are things I want to relive. There are things I wished never changed, but that’s life.

I never really sat down and thought about what life is? What’s the meaning of life? According to dictionary.com life is the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

I don’t know about you but that definition means nothing to me. So I had to search within myself and think really hard about what life really is? Right before I started to write this blog, it hit me. Life is whatever you make it out to be. For me life is about love, dreams, friends, family, and doing it my way. I don’t know what the definition of life is for you, but only you can answer that for yourself.

Life is not going to be easy. Life is going to be hard and there are going be times when we want to give up because it feels like we have hit rock bottom. There have been times when I just want to say I’m done, I quit. I can’t do this anymore, but every time I’m about to say those words, I think about the Jim Valano speech at the ESPY’S, when he told the audience filled with professional athletes and movie stars, don’t give up…. don’t ever give up. As those words run through my head, I know that I can’t give up. I got to stand back up and keep on living my life. No matter how hard life gets, I’m going to keep walking because nothing is going to stop me from being happy and living my life the way I want to live it.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment