Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reality 2: The Dream

What happens to childhood dreams when we grow up? Do we stop believing in them? Do they seem impossible? Does society tell us that we have to be responsible? Are we afraid of what might be if we actually took a leap of faith and made our childhood dream a reality?

My childhood dreams are to become an actor and to become a MMA fighter. For me, the leap of faith is about to become a reality. For the past couple of years I have been talking about and goofing with movies and MMA. My brother and I have made a couple of short films but none of them have been any good. This January, we are about to shoot a B-horror film called The Return and start our own production company. For MMA, I have now been training on and off for a couple of years. I’ve never been able to give my full time and energy to the sport because of school, but now I’m able to dedicate my full time to it. I am aiming for my first official fight in June or July.

I am 22 years old and I’m about to enter my last semester of college. The question everybody asks me is “what you going to do after school?” I used to tell them I don’t know, but that was just a lie. I would lie to them because I didn’t want to people to judge me for saying MMA or movies. Let’s be honest, they aren’t really looked upon as smart career moves but in the past month something has changed in me. I don’t care what people think about me anymore. I’m not afraid to say I’m chasing my childhood dreams. I’m not going to be one of those people who never went for their dreams because of whatever reason. People can say that I am never going to be an MMA fighter or an actor. That’s fine with me. Let them talk, because I know I will be a MMA fighter; I know I will be a actor.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment